- Main female character who is brown and muscular, multidimensional and has agency
- Main female character takes responsibility for the change in the world her actions has caused
- 50/50 male-female character count and talking ratio
- A variety of significant female characters in 13 episodes Females: Korra, Asami, Jinora, P’Li, Ming-Hua, Hou-Ting, Lin, Suyin, Opal, Granny Yin, Kya — (in comparison) Males: Mako, Bolin, Kai, Tenzin, Raiko, Ghazan, Zaheer, Zuko, Aiwei, Tonraq
- Half of the fight scenes fought by women, women fight men, women fight women, women work together
- Women and men being equally dangerous and skilled
- Two different women genuinely liking each other and not caring about the messy love triangle they were involved in
- Those two women on good terms with their ex and poking fun at the awkwardness
- Romantic love wasn’t the main concern or motivation of any female character except for the very tall woman (Opal and Jinora’s priorities are different despite having romantic moments)
- Woman teaching another woman how to drive
- Woman being good at mechanical things and it saved an entire crew from the desert, said woman welds while wearing lipstick and fabulous hair
- Senile grandma is treated with respect and patience by her family
- The main villains is a group composed of two men and two women
- One important villain is a middle-aged woman who rules the largest kingdom with an iron fist, she’s tyrannical which is the opposite of her weak father
- Armless woman being one of the deadliest fighters
- Armless woman driving
- The tallest member of the Red Lotus is a woman
- A couple where the woman is like 6 inches taller and was never played for laughs
- A story arc dedicated to the relationship of two middle aged sisters plus an aunt + relationship too
- Sisters had different fathers and was raised by a blind single mother
- Main female character is taught how to bend metal by a woman
- One sister who founded her own city while having a successful marriage and five kids
- Said sister’s husband isn’t relevant and got a single line (reverse trope)
- The other sister chose to be single because she didn’t want kids
- When the main character was in distress, said two sisters and two brothers came to rescue her
- Main heroine willingly sacrifices herself to save others
- Her back-up group includes an elite metal team led by a woman
- A father’s “death” is the source of rage of the main female character, which is a reverse of the typical trope
- Airbenders were led by a little girl to rescue female main character in the finale
- Said little girl became the first airbending master of a generation. She shaved her head and was proud of it and it was celebrated
- Main female character is depressed and physically damaged at the end of the show but she’s with very supportive group of family and friends
I am inhabited by a cry.
Nightly it flaps out
Looking, with its hooks, for something to love.
I am terrified by this dark thing
That sleeps in me;
All day I feel its soft, feathery turnings, its malignity.
Clouds pass and disperse.
Are those the faces of love, those pale irretrievables?
Is it for such I agitate my heart?
I am incapable of more knowledge.
What is this, this face
So murderous in its strangle of branches? —
Its snaky acids hiss.
It petrifies the will. These are the isolate, slow faults
That kill, that kill, that kill.—Excerpt from “Elm" by Sylvia Plath; for Korra Week Day 3: Fear
Korra Week, Day 4 (8/27): Home.
"It doesn’t matter where you go. If you have your family with you, you’ll always be at home."
I want you to know that I’m here for you.
flying comes in handy to kiss ur tall gf
atla/lok parallels: final battle location
the legend of korra + colors
atla/lok parallels: joking about defeated enemies
I was waiting for someone to make this gifset!!
But that fanart made me think.
What if Asami has been sleeping in Korra’s bed with her since the battle, just so she can comfort her when she has nightmares or wakes up in the middle of the night scared or crying?
I just made myself cry.
i wouldn’t be surprised if korra had been having nightmares all the time i wanna hug her :(
Let go of your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind.
Korra Week, Day 1 (8/24): Alone.
sithlowlife said: i just want season 4 of lok to be asami helping korra recover and then they fall in love...
Another GIF from the Korra season 3 finale.
More beautiful animation- I love how she twists as she takes off that rock pillars’ top.
There were some
insaneawesome shots in both episodes and great choreography for the action sequences.
This whole exterior action sequence between Korra and Zaheer is co-executive producer Joaquim Dos Santos’ storyboarding/fight choreography masterpiece, especially the 20-plus-second continuous flying shot. It was a herculean undertaking, and he had some help cleaning up a few of the scenes by Owen Sullivan (on this one) and Shaun O’Neil. If you didn’t already know it, Joaquim is a force of nature when it comes to action animation!
I am SO proud of this sequence! It was a TON of work for all involved but looking at this final product I think we can all agree that the juice was worth the squeeze. Remember this is “TV animation” folks….. So many stars aligned to make not only this sequence but this entire series possible. From the writing to the acting to the design to the boards through the final animation and last but not least the amazing sound fx and score! Not sure when we’ll get another one like it.
and now we hear from joaquim! i would love to witness a gathering of everyone that worked on the finale, and hear them discuss their own emotions through the process